Sunday, July 08, 2007

Canadian Idol Watch Season 5 - Greg Neufeld

Greg Neufeld

Age: 23
Occupation: Singer/Songwriter/House Framer
Hometown: Abbotsford, BC
Audition City: Vancouver, BC
Place of Birth: Langley, BC
Nickname: Greggy
Favourite Song: "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2
Couldn't Live Without: "My guitar. I never leave home without it."
Would Like to Meet: Dave Matthews
Motto: "Just go for it."

"If you put enough time and energy into something than you can accomplish a lot of your goals. Talent has a lot to do with it, but you have to have the desire and push to achieve those goals."

After making it into the Top 22 last season, Greg came up short of a Top 10 spot and has found "trying to forget about what happened to me last year" the most challenging part of this year's competition. "I know I should have done better and I just need to go out and prove to everyone that I deserve to go very far in this competition," he says.

A huge fan of the Dave Matthews Band, when Greg first started playing guitar all he wanted to learn was Dave Matthews' songs. Along with Matthews, he also admires John Mayer and Coldplay's Chris Martin because they have managed to sustain career longevity.

This year, viewers can expect a more polished and confident Greg Neufeld. "I am going to bring a lot of energy and upbeat songs that people can really get into," he promises. "This is something I have been working toward for a very long time and I want people to know that I'm a true musician. I have paid my dues. I've been there, I just need my chance."

Greg keeps active by playing hockey and basketball and he also wakeboards. In his spare time, you'll find him jamming with his band Dimarco, watching "Dumb & Dumber" (because it reminds him of his brothers) and rooting for the Vancouver Canucks, BC Lions and the Phoenix Suns.

The song that best describes him is "No Stopping Us" by Jason Mraz. To become the next Canadian Idol, Greg believes he just needs to be himself. "I have to bring it every week like it is my last song ever."

Song List and Performance Video

Top 22 - This Love (Maroon 5)


Top18 - Geek in the Pink (Jason Mraz) w/guitar

No comments: