Saturday, July 07, 2007

Joss Stone Performs in Concert for Diana at Wembley Arena

JOSS STONE perfected her set list for Sunday's (01Jul07) Concert For Diana in London by asking event co-organiser PRINCE WILLIAM what his late mother would have liked to hear her sing. Stone, who is the same age as William, was just a child when Diana died in a car crash in 1997, but she still remembers watching the tragedy unfold on TV.

And rather than just belt out her soul hits onstage on Sunday, the British singer felt she should do something special. She says, "I spoke to Will... because I wanted him to tell me what would be special. I wanted to know what she liked because it's not about anybody but her and them (sons William and Harry). "He said, 'She liked Tina Turner, so I said, 'Alright...' and picked out a Tina Turner song." William also helped Stone pick a Queen song to cover and selected tunes from the soul singer's back catalogue that he felt his mum would have liked.

No comments: