Saturday, July 21, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance Top 12 Favorite Performances

Dominic and Sabra Top 12 Performance Jive


First up, it’s the shining example of dancer chemistry, Sabra and Dominic doing the Jive taught by Tony Meredith. This seems like the perfect amount of fun and technical difficulty for them to really set themselves apart early on. The routine starts off and I’m instantly transported back to the 80’s with Sabra looking like a miniature Tina Turner from the “what’s love got to do with it” era. Dom and Sabra are totally breaking out the energy here, complete with wild party smiles. If there are any technical missteps here I’m missing them in the midst of the jocularity. They end with Sabra doing full splits perched on Dominic’s shoulders. I fear Mary Murphy scream approaching. Of course I’m wrong, she loves it but with a few words of criticism. Wade Robson loves it and Nigel says they are the best two partners he’s seen work together.
I Do The Jerk
Ryan Shaw

Pasha and Sara Top 12 Performance Jazz


The new couple, Sara and Pasha, is up next. A few words about Sara first. I can’t be the only one who thinks that she has gone from being a total one-of-the-guys tomboy to the foxiest girl on the show, and she keeps on looking better. This week they will be doing a Jazz routine taught by Mandy Moore. This is going to be my favorite routine, I can tell already. The pair struts out looking like Devo set to teach an aerobics class. They’re both giving off their sexiest looks in perfect sync to Freddie Mercury’s lyrics. The judges all love it, but Mary says they might not be safe this week. I disagree!
Body Language
Queen

No comments: